LET ME EXPLAIN
If you follow me on my Instagram @michxmash, you may have noticed that in the month of March I have been doing a photo challenge called #PIITstagram. Alongside this in real life, I have been doing PIIT28 – Pilates Intense Interval Training.
PIIT28 is a workout program created by Cassey Ho, a.k.a. Blogilates. It started based off of her needs and personal struggles to not only become more fit, but to work out in her busy schedule. Seeing results, she spent a year creating this program to share.
Basically, you only need to workout 28 minutes and 40 seconds a day, 6 days a week. Yep, that’s it. Here’s a breakdown of what your <30 minute PIIT28 workout looks like:
- 4 Rounds
- 1 round = 7 moves
- 1 move = 45 seconds, 15 second break in between each move (and round)
Warm up before and stretch after, maybe 40 minutes, tops, is your total workout.
WHY I STARTED PIIT28
I have been super inconsistent with my workouts for the past year or so. I get into it, I fall out of it. I was never motivated, even when I saw results! I just got way too bored at the gym, and always thought of going as a huge pain in the butt (literally).
At the same time, I’ve been body conscious for a while. I’m tiny, but I don’t feel fit. I’ve always been told I never have to do anything because I’m “already there.” I always felt like I’d be judged for working out, because everyone would think I’m going to lose weight. On the contrary, I wanted to gain weight by packing on more muscle. Like many, I wanted to satisfy a number on the scale. However, no matter how much I went to the gym, or the changes I saw on my body, I’d never see the damn scale budge, and I would just fall back into my inconsistent rut, demotivated.
I am an avid YouTuber watcher, so naturally, I spent ye demotivational days watching beauty gurus online with their “glam-formations” while chilling at home. I do follow Blogilates, and have done a few of her PopPilates videos, but never enough to see results. In February she posted her video on PIIT28, as well as her smokin’ photo on Facebook bragging about her gains. It intrigued me. I wanted to know what in oGorgeous-pilates-videos did she do to get so fit!
I highly suggest you watch her YouTube video here. She explains everything you need to know about PIIT28.
You guessed it – I signed up for it. I paid the $39 USD ($50 CAD ffs) for this program. Perhaps you think this is a gimmick, and I am one who hates them just as much. I never, ever, ever, did something like this before. But I purchased this program in hopes that it would start up my motivation again, give me a work out path to follow, maintain consistency, and to test out this program to see if it could work for a tiny girl like me.
There’s a “PIIT Pack” where you could also get a recipe book. I didn’t purchase the PIIT Pack because I’m pretty content with my eating habits, and my simple restrictions are similar to her meal plan (cutting out refined sugar, wheat, soy, dairy). If you’re looking for a way to start eating clean, by all means, get the book as well – she worked with nutritionists to make it, so you get the best balanced meal alongside the work out. There’s also a vegan meal plan too. But we’ll discuss this at the end.
Now, let’s get to bizniz.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Here are the claims for PIIT28:
- Cut your workout time in half
- Melt all-over body fat fast
- Increase your resting metabolism
- Build lean muscle with no equipment
- Sculpt the strongest Pilates abs ever
- Improve your posture so that you’ll look taller
- Increase your confidence and happiness levels
- Find new friends and make real relationships with like-minded people
What you get for your purchase of PIIT28 1.0:
- The PIIT28 Full 28 Day Program E-book (Instant download!)
- The PIIT28 Workout Calendar
- The #PIITstagram Challenge Calendar
- 11 expertly filmed follow-along workout videos
- 11 beautifully photographed printable workouts
- 60 unique exercises to keep your muscles shocked and to keep you from getting bored
- 77 animated GIFs that you can reference when you want to exercise without watching the videos
- Lifetime membership to the PIIT28 Portal
- BONUS – The PIIT28 GET FLEXY Supplemental Guide which includes your daily Warm Up and Flexibility Training routines.
(Due to popular demand, she actually added new videos after the March round 1.0. There are now videos for the Warm Up and Get Flexy, additional workout videos to do after a PIIT sesh, or on your rest day.)
SHOW ME THE MONEY
All of this being said, it’s time for my results. But before you go look, here are things you must know:
- I got sick the first week.
- I was on vacation.
- I do shift work, so I never had a set time for when I’d do PIIT workouts.
- I still ate out.
- I didn’t do 6 videos a week, because a couple of them I felt like were too focused on the “fat burning” aspect.
- I’m half Asian, and have a high metabolism, however: I too, get affected by bad foods – breakouts, energy, mindset, bloating.
Alright, now that I got that out of the way, here’s the before and after:
I listed the physical changes I’ve noticed after the month of March was done (from bottom to top):
- My legs are shapely, and it’s even noticeable when I wear pants.
- Butt is the perkiest I’ve got it, but it could be perkier once weights are included.
- Belly is VERY shapely (and I LOVE it).
- Hips are more defined (and they don’t lie).
- Arms and upper body in general look toned, but could be better if I start using weights.
- Posture hasn’t improved that much, but I stand differently, and my back hurts less.
- Endurance increased; noticed the workouts at the end of the month never left me gasping for air after the first round.
- I haven’t shrunk in size (which was what I was afraid of with a couple of the workouts), rather, I got lean. Lean and lovin’ it.
Extras (During the Program):
- Started with modified moves, and eventually managed to keep the original position intended (however, sometimes my knees would hurt, so modification couldn’t be helped).
- On one very rare weekend, the weather in Toronto was nice enough to go for a bike ride. I noticed I wasn’t out of breath when I went uphill (and I’d ALWAYS be out of breath the years before, no matter how little of an inclination it was).
- I was/am freaking sweating more. I used to never sweat. It’s a weird feeling
(This is a good thing, it means your body is better at dispersing heat via your sweat, which means it’s cooling you down).
- I didn’t expect much with upper body, since it is harder for women to pack muscle there rather in the lower body.. However, PIIT28 definitely was a great start to build strength in my upper body.
Changes in My Mentality:
- I kid you not, I saw changes in my body almost after every workout. Because of these results, it truly motivated me to keep consistent and go hard with my workouts.
- Seeing the results midway, I thought wow, it’s only been 2 weeks. At the end of the month, I was blown away. It’s not a DRAMATIC change, but for me, it was a great start to better, and healthier!
- I get excited to workout. Did I just say that? Yes. Due to the quick results I saw from PIIT28, I want to keep those results, and become stronger (not crazy sculpted and jacked, just the right amount of fit). Motivation, back on.
NOW THAT MARCH IS OVER… AM I STILL DOING PIIT28?
Yes, but not religiously. Yes, it motivated me, yes, it kept me consistent, heck yes, I saw results. HOWEVER, I can’t do PIIT28 forever. Cassey said so herself, you build your strength, and the PIIT rounds get easier. She did add in extra videos, but to see further results and build on my strength, I need to add in weights again. And as a tiny girl, I can’t be doing cardio-type workouts all the time, or else I’ll become more tiny and actually lose weight (which I don’t want to do).
However, PIIT28 is a great tool I have at my disposal, and here’s why:
- I travel for work, and sometimes the available gyms are not the most equipped, nor the biggest. This has been great to pull up on my phone if I just want to work out in my room.
- I’ve definitely had days where I woke up late and had no time go to a gym to do a full blown workout. Instead, I do a PIIT workout at home before I start my day.
- It’s under 30 minutes (~40 including the Warm Up and Get Flexy), it’s perfect for the “lazy days” when you really, really, really, don’t want to go to the gym (to be ridiculously good-looking), but you know you should work out.
SO, DID PIIT28 DO WHAT IT CLAIMED?
- Cut your workout time in half – One of the best things about it! I always had a chance to fit it into my crazy schedule.
- Melt all-over body fat fast – I don’t have much fat to begin with, but some areas of my body do look more tight and defined.
- Increase your resting metabolism – I’m Asian.
- Build lean muscle with no equipment – Oui oui, that I did for sure! Mostly lower body than upper, but it still shows!
- Sculpt the strongest Pilates abs ever – Dear Yeezy, I did. Well, maybe not that strong, but stronger than before! Loving how they look and feel.
- Improve your posture so that you’ll look taller – Definitely more improved than the gremlin I used to be, but I wouldn’t say this fully fixed my posture. Some more serious workout sessions must be had to make that kind of gain.
- Increase your confidence and happiness levels – The results definitely made me happy. And it makes me want to workout more to have even better results! Fitting into more clothes is also a nice bonus.
- Find new friends and make real relationships with like-minded people – The Blogilates/PIIT28 community is crazy friendly and supportive. I honestly thought I wouldn’t be “accepted,” and honestly, I can’t even remember why I thought that anymore. I was greeted with the kindest of people, all sizes and backgrounds, always supportive of mine and others’ fitness goals. If you’re interested, here’s a link of other transformations from PIIT28 1.0.
If you’re in a workout rut, do PIIT28. I find it a great start for any size person that don’t know where to begin to start getting fit. Cassey’s voice is a mix of motivating/I want to punch her for making me do this to myself (but in the best of ways). And obviously, when consistent, combined with a good diet, you will definitely see some sort of positive results in a short period of time.
Although I almost always worked out on my legs, this was a nice wake up call for them. They were getting weak. Plus, I love how my butt looks (and it’s only going to look better).
Combined with ab workouts, I can tell I stand differently, and I’m steps closer to fixing my posture.
I barely had upper body strength, and I almost never focused on my arms during a workout, particularly because I didn’t know where to start. PIIT28 definitely helped me overcome that block, and I’m surprised I even saw a smidgen of results (since for women results are harder to see in the upper body). Even though my arms are oh so slightly toned, I upped my weights from 3lb-5lb dumbbells to 5lb-10lb when I do some sort of arm workout (this is a HUGE improvement for me).
That being said, don’t lose touch with weights. Results will come faster with them and your strength will build. So don’t give up that gym membership just yet! Like I said, PIIT28 works to such an extent, until the rounds become too easy, and eventually repetitive. Plus, going to the gym and using weights/machines are definitely beneficial. I’m keeping PIIT workouts in rotation though, I have to get some cardio! Plus, they make workouts fun and feel quick.
I am by no means a super sculpted, crazy fit person. I am an average Josephine, like yourself, trying to get fit, healthy, happier, and love myself more. Preaching is one thing, but taking care of ones physical strength, eating well, and just staying healthy in body and mind, is a great way to act on it, and show it to the world.
Just feel good. Feel strong. Feel confident. Don’t give up. Your best self will come in time!
NOW, IT’S YOUR TURN
I, Michelle, (Tiny) PIIT Princess, PIIT28 Ambassador, Mother of Dragons… (teehee, I had to), challenge YOU, [insert name here], to do PIIT28. You’ll have nothing to lose, only mad gainz.
Having said that, if you feel like I did a fantabulous job reviewing this workout program, please consider clicking the affiliate links I’m going to provide if you want to purchase a PIIT28 Program.
PIIT28 1.0 – I purchased this because I needed a push to workout and I already have a healthy eating habit. With the occassional sushi roll and dessert.
28 Day Reset – Purchase this if you’re someone that’s already in the workout habit, but just need a start to eat better food, or you’re not ready for some insane workout and want to reset your eating habits first. Since I didn’t mention it previously, here’s what you’ll get:
- The Blogilates 28 Day Reset Nutrition Guide E-book (Instant download!)
- The 28 Day Reset Meal Plan (4 weeks)
- The 28 Day Reset Grocery Lists (4 weeks)
- Over 150+ unique clean-eating Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snack recipes to create your own unique mix ‘n match meal plans based on your body’s needs for the next 8 weeks and beyond
- 8 fill-in Meal Planning Calendars
- 8 fill-in Grocery Lists
- Mix ‘n Match Protein, Fat and Carb Chart (for recipe substitutions)
- 100+ pages of full color, taste bud tantalizing food photography
- Lifetime Membership to The 28 Day Reset Foodie Forum
- Vegan plan is also available!
PIIT28 1.0 Power Pack – Get this if you feel like you not only need motivation to work out, but to eat healthy as well. You’ll get those strong, sculpted pilates abs faster than I will with access to both the workouts and the recipe book.
At the end of the day (or post), only you can push yourself to do something. As a famous comedian (and you best know who he is) said, “Be a (wo)man! Do the right thing!”
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that’s all, folks! Hope this lengthy post fitspired you (yeah, I totally went there).
And Cassey, if you read this… YOU’RE AWESOME.
P.S. Mini review on the tee – I got size S (the smallest size) and was a bit worried how it would fit. Glad to say it fits my tiny frame oh so nice! It’s a loose fit, but it doesn’t look like it’s too much fabric hanging off me. The material is rayon and spandex, so I’ll have to be careful when I wash it.
PIIT 28 1.0 POWER PACK https://www.piit28.com/a/987/X3KTXh2V
PIIT28 1.0 https://www.piit28.com/a/787/X3KTXh2V
THE 28 DAY RESET https://www.piit28.com/a/788/X3KTXh2V