I have been blessed with the first ever product sent to me to review! It’s the Jungle Botanics Natural Body Glow Nutshell Scrub provided by WishTrend.
This opportunity came up at the best time! Lately I’ve been feeling like some parts of my body have chicken skin (like my butt), and that I’ve been developing a bit of congestion on my body (my chest and back).
What’s really attracting me to this product are what they feature in it: their round-cut nutshell granules and all the natural oils! The granules are from real walnut shells, making them a perfect alternative to the plastic microbeads. The plastic ones do not break down properly, and remain in our sewage system and waters. The walnut shells are biodegradable, and will not contribute any toxic chemicals to our environment!
This will be the first ever body scrub I have tried, so I’m definitely going to give you an honest review*!
*Having said that, just because it got sent to me, it definitely doesn’t mean it sways my opinion. I always give a 110% honest answer no matter what!
“We’re from the jungle.
Jungle Botanics brings you the vitality of the green jungle amidst
the jungle of concrete by combining advanced technologies with
superb ingredients direct from Mother Nature.
Our mission is to replenish natural energy and return balance
to your skin by using revitalizing elements found in nature,
and in turn restoring the natural, healthy state of your skin.
We found our answer in the jungle.
+ Leaving your skin healthy, smooth, and glowing.”
Water, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, TEA-Lauryl Sulfate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Oleyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Cocamide DEA, Triethanolamine, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Carbomer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Sucrose, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Mannitol, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Pentaclethra macroloba seed oil, Garcinia Indica Seed Butter, Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Butylene Glycol, Origanum Vulgare Leaf Extract, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Extract, Moringa Oleifera Leaf Extract, Malpighia Emarginata (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Gaultheria Procumbens (Wintergreen) Leaf Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Crocus Sativus Flower Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Extract, Achillea Millefolium Flower Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Persica (Peach) Kernel Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Seed Oil, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Pseudozyma Epicola/Soybean Flour/Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil Ferment Filtrate, Tin Oxide, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, CI 77491
Since my main concern was on my butt… I don’t want to get up close and personal there with a before and after! So I’ll do my best to describe what I’ve noticed the nutshell scrub has done after using it for just over a month. I’ll add a before and after of my leg to get the basics of what this scrub can do. Sorry to disappoint 😛
General observations about the product:
- Very light and pleasant smell; does not overpower your senses.
- The scrub is gentle! My skin never felt raw or red – and I really went to town on the scrubbing just to see.
- Product is not too liquidy – it holds well enough from bottle, to hand to body, but you may lose a tad of the product if you’re not paying attention.
- Never a tingly/irritating sensation from the product – usually why I avoid standard body washes.
- Skin never feels sensitive in the sunlight.
- Both my sister and I have used it for the month, and over half the bottle is left.
- Never caused a blockage in the drain.
What it did for my personal needs:
- After first couple of uses the chicken bumps on my butt didn’t feel as dry and prominent, and after a month of using this product, my butt is nice and smooth.
- My skin never feels rough and dry after using the scrub.
- Usually after the shower my skin can become quite ashy if I don’t moisturize right away. With this scrub I noticed my skin does not have that problem.
- Skin is not overly soft and moisturized, since the product is not super creamy.
- It helps subside the congestion on my back and chest due to sweaty, summer days.
- My legs have been a tad ashy lately (noticeably dry and flaky) and consistent use of the scrub has kept my legs nice and glowy!
- If you’re Korean, you know what the Italy towel is, aka the scrub that feels like sand paper. Usually this is my go to to really smooth my skin and get rid of dead skin cells. I scrubbed a half of my leg with the towel, and the other with the scrub. With the towel, the dead skin is very obvious. After using the scrub I went over that area with the towel to see if it actually removed dead skin. To my pleasant surprise, nothing became visible from the cloth.
I’m quite impressed that this scrub was able to be at par with my beloved Italy Towel, although the visual satisfaction of seeing dead skin fly off is not there (maybe it’s for the best).
The product is very enjoyable, due to both the gentle scrub and the light scent.
It doesn’t contribute to my body breakouts, and doesn’t strip my skin of moisture. Having said that, it doesn’t add extra moisture either.
I no longer have a chicken butt, but a nice and smooth butt.
You definitely need a considerable amount to cover your entire body, but nothing too crazy. On top of that, 2 people used it for a month and less than half the bottle was used.
As my first body scrub, I had a great experience with it, and would definitely opt for it when the Italy Towel becomes boring to use.
Has anyone else tried the Jungle Botanics Natural Body Glow Nutshell Scrub? Or have you tried their hair products?
If you’re interested in purchasing this product, it is $23.90 (USD)
Other WishTrend items I have reviewed:
Thank you again, WishTrend, for sending me this product. I look forward to reviewing more of your products in the future!