Hey everyone, this post is about the 5 most-wanted, hot commodity products (for me) that are ALWAYS sold out in store/online! I’m talking about the Cover FX Bronzer in Suntan, Physician’s Formula Green Mascara, Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Pink Souffle, Essence Gel Liner, and the Face Shop brow pencil. After constant online stalking and window shopping, I have finally found these so called “Holy Grails.” But are they worth the hype?
Essence Gel Liner
My friend raved about this gel liner after she purchased it – the price, the colour, the creaminess… I never bought gel liner before, so I thought this <$5 is the perfect one to be the first! Since I’m fairly new to gel liners, these were my initial thoughts:
- Performs well, considering the price
- It’s creamier than I thought it would be
- Nice and black
Worth the hype? I’d say so! For the price and quality, it’s not too shabby. I have purchased different gel liners since, and I’d say the cons for this is how fast it dries up compared to other liners – may not give you a chance to extend that wing, and may flake!
Cover FX Bronzer in Suntan
This. This bronzer, has been a pain in the neck trying to get a hold of! It’s not available in store anywhere, only online at the Cover FX official website, Beautylish, Amazon, and Sephora. Amazon sells it for too much, whereas it’s sold out at the other online stores, plus there’s a shipping fee unless you buy over a certain amount. Ain’t nobody got money for that! (Thank you Sephora for reducing the price for free shipping to Canada.) Anyways, back to the bronzer:
- Not too muddy, not too orange/red
- Perfect for bronzing and/or contouring
- Not a lot of product is picked up on the brush – I personally find this a good thing so I can build up how much contour or bronzer I want on my face
- I have used it almost every day since I purchased it
Worth the hype? Yes yes yes yes yes. I bought a backup with the original, I knew I’d like it. #noragrets #pleasetellmeyougetthejoke
The Face Shop Style My Eyebrow Pencil 01
I remember first hearing about this brow pencil from YouTuber StyleSuzi in one of her monthly favourites. She raved how the colour was great and only a few dollars. I had to have it, especially now that there’s a Face Shop in Toronto!
- It’s $3
- I hate sharpening it
- Colour is dark brown, can look a little obvious if proper technique isn’t used
- Overall it looks very natural and it’s very easy to darken my brows
Worth the hype? Worth every non-existent Canadian penny!
Physician’s Formula Green Mascara
Does anyone else notice when they go to Shoppers and/or Rexall this mascara is never to be found? It made me want it more. Buying this mascara has been a chase and a half! Could you believe I found this product on sale for $12? (in Canada, this is a big deal) So here are my thoughts:
- Some volume, some length
- Smudges on top AND bottom lashes, even though I don’t apply it there
- A more affordable, “green” mascara, especially from the drugstore when it’s on sale
- I personally don’t like this type of brush
Worth the hype? Nope. Unfortunately, I will not repurchase. I really wanted to like this mascara, but the smudging is a big no no!
Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Pink Souffle
This is another one of those products that are never seen where it’s supposed to be. I love Sephora Cream Lip Stains, and every time I pass the Sephora Collection stall, this colour is always nowhere to be found. Surprisingly I managed to get my hands on this little baby while on a mini trip to Dallas. Do I likey?
- It’s an okay colour. It’s nice, but I feel like I won’t miss it once it’s gone
- Sometimes I feel like the colour doesn’t go well with my skin tone – pale or tan
Worth the hype? For me, I don’t love the colour. I love Sephora Lip Stains, so I’ll just have to hunt for the perfect pink for me.
There you have it, after extensive longing and searching, these hot commodities finally fell into my hands.
Do you have any “HG” products that are never to be found that you recommend to find? Must I really find them? Let me know!