“Powerful, yet delectably moist
● SPF 50+ / PA++++
● Smooth gel without that roughness or stickiness characteristic of most sunscreens. Recommended for those who prefer a light, refreshing sunscreen.
Splash it on like a facial lotion – also serves as a make-up base
● Gel breaks down into a watery texture as you smooth it over your skin. After using face wash, this is all you need for complete skincare and UV protection.
*Can also be used after your usual facial lotion and other skincare products.
● Serves as a moisturizing make-up base with UV protection. Infuses your skin with moisture, helping your foundation to sit better and last longer.
● Use it on your body, as well as your face.
Skincare gel with 85% beautifying ingredients
● This pleasant watery gel contains 85% beautifying ingredients.
Easily portable tube format
● Sunscreen is most effective when reapplied frequently. Comes in an easily portable tube that makes it simple to adjust the amount you apply, so it’s perfect for reapplying sunscreen when you’re out and about.”
Price: 700yen = ~$6.22 USD / ~$8.09 CAD (I got it for this price because my friend bought it for me in store)
Strength: SPF 50+ PA++++
Chemical: Octinoxate, Uvinul A Plus, Tinosorb S
Physical: Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide
CONSISTENCY: Light cream.
APPLICATION: Spreads easily and and dries down quickly.
FINISH: There is a very light, shimmery sheen to this product.
FEEL: Light and matte. Slightly drying.
STINGS EYES? Never used it around eyes because of whatever shimmer pigments it uses.
WATER RESISTANT? I don’t know.
Based on their ingredients list, it’s just a bunch of plant extracts near the end of the list. I’d just stick with this as a primer with sun protection benefits.
I’m surprised how it is under my It Cosmetics CC Cream. I thought it wouldn’t do much since the CC Cream has a glow on its own. In light applications of the CC Cream, this sunscreen/primer’s finish is actually what dominates as the base. It’s as if I have the coverage of the CC Cream, but the finish is that of the primer. I likey likey likey.
CANMAKE Mermaid Skin Gel UV SPF 50+ PA++++ surprised me. Not for the UV protection, but how great of a primer it is! The fact it took away the It Cosmetics CC Cream shine and used it’s own… Well, damn! As a sunscreen, it’s light and creates a grease-free surface, but somewhat drying on my normal to dry skin. The tube is pretty small to last primarily as a sunscreen, so I only use it as a primer on top of a different sunscreen I have – it’s as if it helps to layer your sunscreen protection more elegantly, rather than gooping the original SPF you have on your face! I definitely recommend trying it out if you can. Unfortunately online options can be more expensive than in store, so if you are ever in Japan and are eyeing it, get it!
SUNSCREEN SUNDAY #1: Klairs Soft Airy UV Essence SPF 50+ PA++++
SUNSCREEN WEEK [Day #1]: Make P:rem UV Defense Me Blue Ray Sun Gel SPF 50+ PA++++
SUNSCREEN WEEK [Day #2]: Elta Md UV Facial Broad-Spectrum SPF 30+ Moisturizing Facial Sunscreen
SUNSCREEN WEEK [Day #3]: Boo Bamboo Natural Sunscreen Mini Spray SPF 30 (Regular and Baby & Kids)
SUNSCREEN WEEK [Day #4]: The Ordinary Mineral UV Filters SPF 30 with Antioxidants
SUNSCREEN WEEK [Day #5]: Cerave AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30
SUNSCREEN WEEK [Day #6]: Riversol SPF 30 Lightweight Broad Spectrum Sunscreen
SUNSCREEN WEEK [DAY #7]: La Roche Posay Anthelios Mineral Tinted Ultra-Fluid Lotion SPF 50
This post contains affiliate links.
DISCLAIMER, PR, AFFILIATES