This post is sponsored by Banish Acne Scars.
Products provided for review purposes.
This post contains affiliate links / codes. This means if you use this link / code to make a purchase, I make a small commission. Thanks for your support if you decide to use them! If you feel uncomfortable, feel free to google a new link.
Back in March I began using the Banish Acne Scars Banish Starter Kit in hopes of smoothing out my textured skin from the onslaught of cystic acne I suffered 5+ years ago, as well as controlling my hormonal acne breakouts. It was my first time microneedling, so I figured the selected products included in the kit would also help with my skin issues. To my surprise, microneedling wasn’t painful, and I saw results within 3 months.
The Banish Team saw both my First Impressions/Demo and Banish Starter Kit Review, and reached out to me and a few other “influencers” (I can’t take myself seriously calling myself that) to test their newly launched, limited edition Banisher 2.0!
I agreed to partner with Banish because:
1) I have already purchased and tried almost all of their products.
2) Daisy, the owner of Banish, experienced the pain of acne and acne scarring just like I, and many others are currently going through. Banish products were originally made for her personal use, until friends and subscribers started requesting them after seeing her skin’s progress in her Youtube videos!
3) Banish partners with influencers with similar skin concerns as ours, who could also benefit from their products and achieve similar results.
How the Banisher Works
I’m happy to report that the Banisher 2.0 was created based on the questions and feedback received from customers, as well as Daisy’s personal needs. During her travels, Daisy always brought the Banish Stamp, but wanted a bigger surface area, clean it easily and store it securely in her bag. I’ts always a big thumbs up when companies revamp/create products based on customer input!
Price: $69 USD
Needle length: 0.5mm
1. Cleaning cap acts as a protector, stand, and sanitizing container
2. Bristles are finer & sharper than current Banisher
3. Design more ergonomic; Better grip, provides a platform for even distribution of bristles into the skin vs. rolling.
Angle of needle penetration is straight line as opposed to roller; less skin trauma, easier to work around pimples
4. Titanium needles coated in 24k gold to accelerate collagen production in skin
5. Lasts twice as long as Banisher – can use up to 8 times
6. Can be used once a week
Since I already know microneedling works with the Banish Oil, I tested the first session with products in my current skincare routine: peptide serum, HA lotion, moisturizer with Niacinamide.
VERY handy; Wastes less, and less annoying to disinfect.
– Takes a tad longer to microneedle with the new design, but I don’t mind it if safety is considered!
– Easier to concentrate on specific red marks and large pockets of texture.
– Difficult to microneedle on the nose, the Banish Stamp is better for this.
– The handle has soft, grippy material with a wider body, felt secure to hold and easily rotate when I stamped.
– I felt the needles more, and my face became quite red! *beauty is pain* > . <
I haven’t found anything solid to convince me that gold can indeed help induce collagen, but I haven’t read anything controversial to say it’s not safe to use; Gold mostly acts as an extra precaution against infection from microneedling.
Before & Afters
Time Period: 11/11/18 – 11/18/18; I had a short amount of time to review this. Since I already showed Before & Afters of texture improvements, the photos below capture the improvements of my red marks in a week’s time.
– It typically takes 4-6 weeks to see the most results, especially for texture. I’ll try to update as I continue using the Banisher 2.0.
– It was my time of the month when I tested this
Compared to the original Banisher, Banisher 2.0 is most definitely a fancy (and effective) upgrade! In my Banish Kit review, I mentioned how there was not enough information on using the Banisher safely. I appreciate that the Banisher 2.0 was created to ensure a safer and easier approach for beginners, with a less likelihood of problems (still use it carefully!). Another step I hope they consider in the future is making just the head replaceable, which will make Banisher 2.0 more cost effective.
If you want to give the Banisher 2.0 a try, they are currently selling it in a kit. Banish offers:
– Products made to order in the U.S.
– International Shipping on purchases $150+
– 30 Day Money Back guarantee
– Products only available on their official website.
If you want know more about my experience with Banish, be sure to read my Banish Starter Kit review. I post Before & Afters after 4 microneedling sessions and review every product in the Kit.
I hope you found this review helpful!