Since I incorporated Differin in my skincare routine back in November 2018, the products I focus on to use alongside it has changed. My approach in curating a new skincare routine was to use products with more minimal, and effective ingredients. I figured the less lengthy the INCI list is, the gentler it’ll be on my skin as I’m using prescriptions for the first time in a long time.
For context, please read my Skin Update [#1] December 2018 post.
THE -SIMPLE- ROUTINE
Looking back in late 2018 to early 2019, my routine itself wasn’t that minimal because I was rotating too many products in the first couple of months. Below is the general breakdown of my skincare routine in the first 3 months of using Differin and Aczone together. I share my must-have steps and a youtube demo featuring some of my favourite products. The ingredients lists are fairly minimal and none of them irritate my skin. They are alsoa good price point and I have repurchased some of them multiple times.
For reference, I’m 29, acne-prone, normal to dry.
1. Cleanse for 30 seconds. At first I used only water, then switched to a cleanser because I felt it helped reduce the flakes or dry patches I would experience.
3. Apply Hydrator on damp skin to prevent further water loss.
4. Apply thin layer of Aczone.
5. Moisturize, sometimes add an occlusive to intensify the moisture.
6. Apply a generous amount of sunsreen, I aim for 2mg/cm2.
1. Double Cleanse with an oil cleanser and low pH cleanser. 30 seconds each, I try not to go past 2 minutes.
2. Apply Hydrator on damp skin to prevent further water loss.
3. Apply thin layer of Differin. I added Aczone after 3ish weeks.
4. Apply Hydrator again because face would start feeling dry quickly from the Differin.
5. Moisturize with a mix of an occlusive (roughly a pea-size).
Hope you found this skincare routine helpful, especially if you don’t know where to start in your first 3 months of Differin use. This routine can also be applied to other Vitamin A prescriptions.
One thought on “My Skincare Routine with Aczone and Differin”
[…] I shared my *simple* skincare routine – basically the go-to products in my routine to tackle my top priority skin goals: acne […]