Hey, it’s Michelle.
I have suffered mild acne since I was 10, cystic acne since I was 18. Now in my 30s, my acne control is the best it’s ever been thanks to a mix of topicals and change of lifestyle. MICHXMASH is my creative outlet to share my passion for skincare (and sometimes makeup and other things).
My blog is called MICHXMASH because I want my content to be more than just beauty. A mash of things – get it? I talk a lot about skincare, but I also want to share my experiences and tips in other categories as well! Content creating however is just a hobby, while I work on pursuing a new career offline (well, sort of). For now, I’m focusing on what I’m good at – judging skincare products!
Please see: Disclosure
About my Skin
- Normal to dry
- Light – very rare, only in the coldest months
- Light-Medium – My face most of the year
- Medium – During summer and end of summer, my neck and body all year round
Pretty sure I am neutral with subtle yellow undertones.
UPDATE JUNE 17 2022: I’m 90% sure I’m a cool and delicate olive! Peach foundations look good on me in the summer when my skin is more exposed to the sun. Otherwise majority of the year I’m not really that medium shade.
My Complexion Shades
List of base products I’ve tried that has matched me best. Doesn’t necessarily mean I absolutely love or hate these.
Current best matches:
- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Sunscreen Makeup – B30 Beige
- Estee Lauder Double-Wear Foundation – 2N1 Desert Beige (matched by MUA)
- It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream – Light
- Kosas Revealer Super Creamy + Brightening Concealer – 3.2 *(BEST MATCH)*
- Mac Studio Face and Body Foundation – C2 (matched by MUA)
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid – NC16 (matched by MUA)
- MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation – NC20 (matched by MUA)
- Make Up For Ever Matte Velvet Skin Full Coverage Foundation – Y305 Soft Beige (matched by MUA)
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation – 127 (matched by MUA)
- Merit Beauty Clean Foundation & Concealer Stick – Bisque *(BEST MATCH)*
- Pixi Beauty H2O Skin Tint – No. 2 Nude
- Revlon Photo Ready Candid Natural Finish Anti-Pollution Foundation – 220 Sand Beige *(BEST MATCH)* Reviewed
- RMS Beauty “Un”Cover Up Concealer – 22 Reviewed
- Sappho New Paradigm CC Cream – Light
- Westman Atelier Vital Skin Foundation – Atelier II for highlight, IV for regular concealing
When I used to be more tanned (NC25-30):
- Burts Bees Goodness Glows Liquid Foundation – 1025 Natural Beige
- It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream – Medium Reviewed
- Mac Studio Face and Body Foundation – C2 (warmer months)
- Pixi Beauty H2O Skin Tint – No. 3 Warm (good undertone)
- RMS Beauty “Un”Cover Up Concealer – 33
- Sappho Essential Foundation – Kate (warmer months) Reviewed
- Sappho New Paradigm Foundation – #7 (matched by JoAnn Fowler!) Reviewed
- Too Faced Born This Way Foundation – Light Beige
When I’m not here I’m either playing video games with my boyfriend, eating some good food, or pretending to work out (I’m trying my best to actually work out more consistently this year).
I hope my blog provides you with the information you’re looking for, or a place where you learn something new!
For business inquiries, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for stopping by.