Hey, it’s Michelle.
I am a 28 year old living in Toronto, Canada. I have suffered mild acne since I was 10, cystic acne since I was 18. MICHXMASH is my creative outlet to discuss my personal experience in achieving clear skin, as well as anything beauty, health, and lifestyle related.
You can check out my first post “One Routine To Rule Them All,” where I talk about the natural and affordable products that cleared up my face!
My blog is called MICHXMASH because I want my content to be more than just beauty. A mash of things – get it? I talk a lot about cosmetics, but I also want to share my experiences and tips in other categories as well!
- Working out (will come when I work out consistently)
- Cooking (when I don’t rely on Nick to cook for me)
- Travel (as a former flight attendant, I’ve traveled a lot)
- Living and living well, plugged or unplugged
Content Creating however is just a hobby, while I work on pursuing a new career offline (well, sort of). For now, I’m focusing on what I’m good at – judging skincare and makeup products!
Please see: Disclosure
About the Bun
You may have noticed my main website photo is my bun. Well, this is my “business time” hair. My hair is always up in a bun while working on a blog post, video, or coding. It is an essential hairstyle that drives my working habit to success (or so I’d like to think) and when I’m trying out new makeup or skincare. 9/10 this is my hairstyle at all times (the 1/10 being when I have to be out and presentable!)
About my Skin
- Normal to dry
- Light – very rare, only in the coldest months
- Light-Medium – My face most of the year
- Medium – During summer and end of summer, my neck and body all year round
Constant confusion from being a mixed child. I thought I was yellow, but any time I wear yellow undertone foundations, I feel like it looks too obvious or warm. In these instances if the warm undertone is too strong in a foundation, I opt for neutral. As of late (I write this in 2019) I feel like I may have an olive undertone.
I fixed my dehydration issue! Check out my current skincare routine down below
I’m Finally Sharing my Current Skincare Routines 2018
My Complexion Shades
List of foundations / base products I’ve tried that has matched me best. Doesn’t necessarily mean I absolutely love or hate these.
- Burts Bees Goodness Glows Liquid Foundation – 1025 Natural Beige (best for undertone)
- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Sunscreen Makeup – B30 Beige
- It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream – Medium
- Mac Studio Face and Body Foundation – C2
- Make Up For Ever Matte Velvet Skin Full Coverage Foundatoin – Y305 Soft Beige
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation – 127
- Pixi Beauty H2O Skin Tint – No. 2 Nude, No. 3 Warm in summer (best for undertone)
- RMS Beauty “Un”Cover Up Concealer – 22, 33 (mostly 33)
- Sappho Essential Foundation – Kate
- Sappho New Paradigm CC Cream – Light
- Sappho New Paradigm Foundation – #7
- Too Faced Born This Way Foundation – Light Beige
When I’m not here I’m either playing video games with my boyfriend, eating some good food, or pretending to work out (I’m trying my best to actually work out more consistently this year).
I hope my blog provides you with the information you’re looking for, or a place where you learn something new!
For business inquiries, please email me at email@example.com
Thanks for stopping by.