Hey, it’s Michelle.
I am a 29 year-old living in Toronto, Canada. I have suffered mild acne since I was 10, cystic acne since I was 18. MICHXMASH is my creative outlet to share my passion for skincare (and sometimes makeup and other things).
My blog is called MICHXMASH because I want my content to be more than just beauty. A mash of things – get it? I talk a lot about skincare, but I also want to share my experiences and tips in other categories as well!
- Working out (will come when I work out consistently)
- Cooking (when I don’t rely on Nick to cook for me)
- Travel (as a former flight attendant, I’ve traveled a lot)
- Living and living well, plugged or unplugged
Content Creating however is just a hobby, while I work on pursuing a new career offline (well, sort of). For now, I’m focusing on what I’m good at – judging skincare products!
Please see: Disclosure
About the Bun
You may have noticed my main website photo is my bun. Well, this is my “business time” hair. My hair is always up in a bun while working on a blog post, video, or coding. It is an essential hairstyle that drives my working habit to success (or so I’d like to think) and when I’m trying out new makeup or skincare. 9/10 this is my hairstyle at all times (the 1/10 being when I have to be out and presentable!)
About my Skin
- Normal to dry
- Light – very rare, only in the coldest months
- Light-Medium – My face most of the year
- Medium – During summer and end of summer, my neck and body all year round
- Current MAC Studio Fix Fluid Match: NC16
Pretty sure I am neutral with subtle yellow undertones.
My Complexion Shades
List of foundations / base products I’ve tried that has matched me best. Doesn’t necessarily mean I absolutely love or hate these.
Current best matches:
- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Sunscreen Makeup – B30 Beige
- Estee Lauder Double-Wear Foundation – 2N1 Dester Beige (matched by MUA)
- It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream – Light
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid – NC16 (current match, matched by MUA)
- MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation – NC20 (current match, matched by MUA)
- Make Up For Ever Matte Velvet Skin Full Coverage Foundation – Y305 Soft Beige (matched by MUA)
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation – 127
- Pixi Beauty H2O Skin Tint – No. 2 Nude
- RMS Beauty “Un”Cover Up Concealer – 22
- Sappho New Paradigm CC Cream – Light
When I used to be more tanned (NC25-30):
- Burts Bees Goodness Glows Liquid Foundation – 1025 Natural Beige
- It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream – Medium
- Mac Studio Face and Body Foundation – C2 (warmer months)
- Pixi Beauty H2O Skin Tint – No. 3 Warm
- RMS Beauty “Un”Cover Up Concealer – 33
- Sappho Essential Foundation – Kate (warmer months)
- Sappho New Paradigm Foundation – #7
- Too Faced Born This Way Foundation – Light Beige
When I’m not here I’m either playing video games with my boyfriend, eating some good food, or pretending to work out (I’m trying my best to actually work out more consistently this year).
I hope my blog provides you with the information you’re looking for, or a place where you learn something new!
For business inquiries, please email me at email@example.com
Thanks for stopping by.