Hey, it’s Michelle.
I have suffered mild acne since I was 10, cystic acne since I was 18. Now in my 30s, my acne control is the best it’s ever been thanks to a mix of topicals and change of lifestyle. MICHXMASH is my creative outlet to share my passion for skincare (and sometimes makeup and other things).
My blog is called MICHXMASH because I want my content to be more than just beauty. A mash of things – get it? I talk a lot about skincare, but I also want to share my experiences and tips in other categories as well! Content creating however is just a hobby, while I work on pursuing a new career offline (well, sort of). For now, I’m focusing on what I’m good at – judging skincare products!
Please see: Disclosure
About my Skin
Skin Type: Acne-prone, normal to dry
FitzPatrick Skin Type: III-IV
Skin Tone: Light-Medium – My face most of the year
Skin Undertone: Cool olive
My Complexion Shades
List of base products I’ve tried that I can work with. Doesn’t necessarily mean I absolutely love or hate these. Will note which ones are the best match.
- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Sunscreen Makeup – B30 Beige
- Estee Lauder Double-Wear Foundation – 2N1 Desert Beige (matched by MUA)
- It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream – Light
- Kosas Revealer Super Creamy + Brightening Concealer – 3.2 *(BEST MATCH)*
- Mac Studio Face and Body Foundation – C2 (matched by MUA)
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid – NC16 (matched by MUA)
- MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation – NC20 (matched by MUA)
- Make Up For Ever Matte Velvet Skin Full Coverage Foundation – Y305 Soft Beige (matched by MUA)
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation – 127 (matched by MUA)
- Merit Beauty Clean Foundation & Concealer Stick – Bisque
- Pixi Beauty H2O Skin Tint – No. 2 Nude
- Revlon Photo Ready Candid Natural Finish Anti-Pollution Foundation – 220 Sand Beige *(BEST MATCH)* Reviewed
- RMS Beauty “Un”Cover Up Concealer – 22, best in the winter Reviewed
- Sappho New Paradigm CC Cream – Light
- Westman Atelier Vital Skin Foundation – Atelier II for highlight, IV for regular concealing (shades are workable, but I’ve come to learn that I’m not warm toned so these are best in the warmer months)
When I used to be more tanned (NC25-30):
- Burts Bees Goodness Glows Liquid Foundation – 1025 Natural Beige
- It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream – Medium Reviewed
- Mac Studio Face and Body Foundation – C2 (warmer months)
- Pixi Beauty H2O Skin Tint – No. 3 Warm (good undertone)
- RMS Beauty “Un”Cover Up Concealer – 33, can use all year if treated as a spot concealer
- Sappho Essential Foundation – Kate (warmer months) Reviewed
- Sappho New Paradigm Foundation – #7 (matched by JoAnn Fowler!) Reviewed
- Too Faced Born This Way Foundation – Light Beige
When I’m not here I’m either playing video games with my boyfriend, eating some good food, or pretending to work out (I’m trying my best to actually work out more consistently this year).
I hope my blog provides you with the information you’re looking for, or a place where you learn something new!
For business inquiries, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for stopping by.